In recent years, data analysis has become popular in all segments of industries. You may be curious about the market for aspiring data analyst roles over the years. Many people who want to work in data analytics envision a full-time, in-office position at a tech company with all the perks that come with it. But freelancing is a more flexible option, especially in Dubai. Here is everything you need to know about how to be a freelance data analyst in Dubai, UAE!
Data analytics and data science are often confused, but they are really different. Data Science is a field that involves statistical analysis and developing mathematical models to process data, whereas data analysts interpret the data to provide insights to improve business.
Organizations across all industries are leaning more towards data to make crucial business decisions, including which new products to develop, which new markets to enter, which new investments to make, and which new (or existing) customers to target. Furthermore, they use data to pinpoint inefficiencies and other pressing company issues.
A data analyst gives these critical business functions a numerical value to evaluate performance and compare it over time to use the data in helping businesses make better decisions.
1. Designing and maintaining data systems and databases
2. Data Mining from primary and secondary sources
3. Interpretation of data using statistical tools
4. Create executive leadership reports that use pertinent data to communicate trends, patterns, and projections.
5. Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and corporate leaders to find process improvement possibilities, suggest system changes and create data governance policies.
6. Making the necessary documentation so that stakeholders can follow the steps of the data analysis process and, if necessary, repeat or reproduce the analysis
As a freelance data analyst, you will need a combination of both technical and soft skills.
Soft Skills include
Skills in teamwork, presentation, and communication, Researching solutions, Attention to ddetail Organization skills and the capacity to meet deadlines, Business aptitude or expertise, Logical strategic approach,
Technical skills include:
MS Excel, Programming languages such as Python, Query Languages like SQL, Proficiency in business and analytics software, Working with large complex datasets, Data Visualization, Data Profiling, Data mining, and interpretation
Dubai is pushing ahead rapidly and spearheading the GCC business revolution. With thousands of small, medium, and giant businesses running in and around Dubai, the demand for data analysts is at an all-time high, especially since entrepreneurs now realize the importance of analytics.
To become a freelance data analyst in Dubai, here are some ways you can easily find gigs.
1. Register on Freelance Marketplaces like Upwork, Fiverr, etc.
2. Make your website
3. Attend networking events
4. Use social media like LinkedIn to spread the word
5. Try sending cold emails
6. Reach out to start-ups and small businesses to kickstart your career and gain experience
7. Join any course to collaborate with fellow data analysts
8. Join a coworking space to interact with people from the industry and expand your network
Being your boss is achievable with freelance data analysis. If you operate remotely, you can accept clients from anywhere that fit your project requirements and needs work in your areas of expertise.
Freelancing allows you to lay out a schedule that suits your needs and a better work-life balance. Looking for more reasons to freelance in Dubai? Read our blog on ‘Reasons to Consider Freelancing in Dubai’.
Our goal at Freedom2Work is to make working as a freelancer in the UAE as easy as possible. Are you confused about how to freelance in the UAE? Contact us at email@example.com or call 800-FREEDOM, our toll-free number, to speak with a qualified adviser.
The future for data analysts is bright. As businesses across the globe understand the importance of analyzing data, it is the best time to start your career as a freelance data analyst.
Innovative and efficient visual patterns will become more prevalent and keep evolving, driving the need for data visualization techniques. Additionally, this will enable adequate pattern analysis through data discovery to reveal more insightful business information.
Do Freelancers Have to Pay Taxes in the UAE?
Top 10 Essential Resources for Freelancers
How to Get Clients: 10 Ways to Find (and Win) Your Dream Customers